Our IoT technology
qiio offers proven solutions to connect assets quickly, securely and in a cost-effective manner.
qiio has hardware, connectivity and cloud services to provide a full edge-to-cloud IoT solution. We solve market issues with a secure solution that provides various types of connectivity in a simple and easy way for implementations.
A key component of the solution is the Concentrator, qiio’s IoT edge hardware based on an integrated hardware chip measuring 35 × 70 mm. The hardware concentrates and connects data sources such as vending machines or smart building sensors to qiio’s cloud services.
In addition to acting as a gateway, the Concentrator hardware also supports data acquisition and data pre-processing. Every qiio hardware unit is equipped with an embedded SIM card as standard.
The q200 Concentrator is the world’s first plug-and-play cellular IoT solution based on the high-security microcontroller (Azure Sphere) developed by Microsoft. The q200 is pin compatible with all other qiio Concentrator chips. As a result, it brings seamless integration of Azure Sphere into the qiio product portfolio.
All popular wire & wireless connectivity options are supported, including 2G, 3G, 4G, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Bluetooth, LoRa and ZigBee.
Customers have cost-effective cellular connectivity worldwide thanks to more than 550 roaming partners.
Cloud portal & Services
qiio’s cloud portal and services enable customers to easily manage their service infrastructure. The cloud services include:
- Data collection: Customers can access device data and cloud services through a REST API. On demand, qiio provides a management portal on top of the REST API, which provides data analysis and visualisation.
- Connectivity management: Connectivity management is designed for cellular data monitoring and configuration. Moreover, customers can also check the approximate location of their device. If applicable, customers can configure Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity through connectivity management.
- Application enablement: Application management provides a dashboard or hosts customer data under a special format.
- User management: User management is implemented in qiio’s cloud services and enables a company to set roles and permission.
- Asset management: Asset management allows users to remotely conduct security updates, machine configuration and software updates over the air. In addition, a user can also monitor and track a device through asset management.
- Concentrator management: Concentrator management enables users to monitor and configure Concentrators, such as data collection frequency, for example.
Using the Azure IoT Hub establishes a secure, bidirectional communication channel. It also allows a zero-intervention device provisioning to accelerate IoT deployment. The Event Hub enables simple and scalable real-time data ingestion. This architecture provides a single point of entry to the cloud with security managed via a unified, high-security cloud portal.
Cybersecurity is built into all our solutions, from the Concentrator boot to the delivery of your data.